Alright, he or she dumped you. You got nothing.
No prospects and nothing to look forward to.
Just memories that remind how much you lost and how little you got to look forward to.
But you got three things to help.
Your regular hangout (hopefully you didn’t bring him or her there and saved it as an oasis), alcohol and jukebox money.
Stare straight ahead, don’t talk to anyone, get a seat at the non-busy end of the bar, and commence with self-pity, self-loathing and the hopeless romanticism about how perfect the one who treated like shit was. Now, go to the jukebox and play these selections.
1. Indescribably Blue, Elvis Presley
2. Drive All Night, Bruce Springsteen
3. Permanently Lonely, Willie Nelson
4. Wurlitzer Prize, Waylon Jennings
5. Whiter Shade of Pale, Procol Harum (Yeah, I have no idea what the song’s about either but it makes me incredibly blue.)
6. I Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston
7. Running Scared, Roy Orbison
8. Send in the Clowns, Frank Sinatra
9. Romeo and Juliet, Dire Straits
10. I’ll Never Fall in Love Again, Tom Jones
I’m outta quarters. You got any? Whatcha gonna play?