To order a Duffy book, click on one of the covers to the left.
Alright, school’s out for summer, which got me thinking about the best songs to tell the world to F off to.
Besides Alice Cooper’s classic here’s what I’d put money in the jukebox for:
1. Thunder Road, Bruce Springsteen “It’s a town for losers, I’m pulling outta here to win!”
(When the Boss was still cool…)
2. I Fought the Law, Bobby Fuller Four “Robbin’ people with a six gun…”
3. I’ve Always Been Crazy, Waylon Jennings “So far I ain’t found a rhyme or reason to change…”
4. Take This Job and Shove It, Johnny Paycheck “He’s gotta brand new flattop haircut, lord he thinks he’s cool.”
5. The Authority Song, John Cougar “Grow up is growing on the dream of dying and dying to me don’t sound like all that much fun…”
6. The Week of Living Dangerously, Steve Earle and the Dukes “I guess I took a left where I generally hang a right…”
7. I Don’t Want to Work, Todd Rundgren “I just wanna bang on this drum all day”
8. Too Much Monkey Business, Chuck Berry “Working at the fillin’ station too many tasks…”
9. Hang Fire, The Rolling Stones, “I don’t need the aggravation I’m a lazy slob…”
10. We’re Not Gonna Take It, Twisted Sister “You don’t know us, you don’t belong.”
You gotta buck–what are you gonna play?